Recall the Group of Seven’s Studio in early 1900s
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory with The House that Lawren Built. The Group of Seven is a Canadian national treasure, one that produced beautiful paintings of our extraordinary landscape. Many may not know that one of the masters of the Group, Lawren Harris, helped to finance the construction of a three-storey art studio in the heart of Toronto known as Studio Building. It became a haven where many of the Group of Seven artists worked, lived and inspired one another. Read about Lawren Harris’s vision for Studio Building, and about how the modest structure became the nerve centre of an unparalleled Canadian artistic legacy.
As an added bonus, in Reframing the Group of Seven, discover some lesser known facts about certain members of the Group of Seven.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Cultural Trends
Featured Date Range: 1914 - 1955
Number of pages to print: 10
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, bonus fact sheet about the Group of Seven, 2 'artistic' memory games, answer key
Completion time: 30 - 50 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Artists that Dazzle (Crossword Challenge memory game) - With the help of clues, unscramble letters to complete the names of famous artists whose works are hung in museums around the world.
Features of Artists that Dazzle
- 4 pages of treasured artists
- colourful graphics; large print for easy puzzle-solving
- easy to complete for art aficionados; moderately difficult for those with a passing knowledge of art
- can be tackled individually; but definitely easier with a 'gallery' of participants
- suitable for art lovers of all ages, including seniors with no cognitive decline or (with a bit of support) with mild dementia
- answer key is included
Terms of Art (Word Link memory game) - Select a word that completes a word or phrase which appears before it and begins a word or phrase which follows. At least one word or phrase from each solution will be a ‘term of art’.
Features of Terms of Art
- 2 pages of building art-inspired words and phrases
- bold, artistic graphics; large print for easy reading
- easy to complete (once you get the hang of it!)
- can be solved individually or in a group
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or (with a bit of support) with moderate dementia
- answer key is included