Revel in the Woodstock Festival, 1969
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the Woodstock music festival with Three Days that Defined a Movement. Woodstock was undeniably a moment of cultural and generational significance. When a half million young people converged on a farmer’s field in New York State, they brought with them the voice of an entire generation bent on rebelling against the status quo. Read about this extraordinary three-day celebration of love, music, protest and hedonism.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Cultural Trends, Entertainment, Historical Events
Featured Date Range: 1969
Number of pages to print: 10
Included: memory-sparking narrative, 2 'totally groovy' memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 - 50 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Woodstock Rockers (Word Mash-Up memory game) - Unscramble letters to complete the names of many of the musical artists that took to the stage at Woodstock. Then rearrange those letters to come up with some famous musicians who declined the offer to perform. You will be humming and strumming in no time!
Features of Woodstock Rockers
- 3 pages of rock and rollers guaranteed to make your brain explode with musical memories!
- bold, colourful graphics; large print for easy completion
- easy to complete for the rockers out there; a bit trickier for those who prefer less bass!!
- can be completed individually, but would be fun to revisit these giants of rock 'n roll with others
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline and, with a bit of support, for those with mild dementia
- answer key is included
All Things Groovy (Word Builder memory game) - Select the syllables that answer clues and make up a variety of 3-syllable words, titles, people and phrases often associated with the counterculture movement that fuelled Woodstock.
Features of All Things Groovy
- 3 pages of words that will help you get that 1960s groove back on!
- original 'far-out' graphics; large print for easy completion
- moderately easy to complete
- can be completed individually, but working collaboratively with other music lovers would be 'outta sight'
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline and, with a bit of support, for those with mild to moderate dementia
- answer key is included