Relive the Niagara Falls Miracle in 1960
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark this hair-raising memory from Niagara Falls in A Plunge Over the Falls! The date was July 9, 1960. Seven-year old Roger Woodward climbed into a fishing boat safely upriver from the turbulent waters of Niagara River, the very same waters that rush over the mighty Falls and crash into the foamy whirlpool below. And then the tiny boat’s engine failed. Read the story that brought chills to all that witnessed it – a tale that can only be described as miraculous.
As an added bonus, in Over a Barrel … Quite Literally, read about some of the more breathtaking examples of those daredevils who have, with varying degrees of success, attempted to face down the power of Niagara Falls.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Historical Events
Featured Date Range: 1960
Number of pages to print: 11
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, bonus snippets of daredevil feats, 2 memory games, answer key
Completion time: 30 - 50 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Thrill Seekers and Dreamers (Letter Jumble memory game) - Unscramble letters to discover the names of history’s best remembered daredevils and risk-takers. Reusing some of those letters reveal a quote by Lewis Carroll that serves as a spirited defense of throwing caution to the wind.
Features of Thrill Seekers and Dreamers
- 3 pages of risk-taking trailblazers
- colourful graphics; large print for easy completion
- easy-ish to complete, especially for those who admire the daredevils among us!
- can be completed individually, but the input of others working collaboratively might be helpful (and fun!)
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia, and (with a bit of support) with moderate dementia
- answer key is included
Our Marvelous World (Grid Magic memory game) - Using rhyming words as clues identify some of the most astounding landmarks of the United States and Canada, and a descriptive phrase will be revealed.
Features of Our Marvelous World
- 3 pages of North American landmarks
- stunning graphics; large print for easy completion
- easy to complete, especially for the tourists among us
- can be completed individually, but tackling it with a group might trigger your own travelling adventures
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline or (with a bit of support) with mild dementia
- answer key is included