Recall the Completion of the Cabot Trail
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory with Full Circle on the Cabot Trail. The Cabot Trail is a jewel of Canadian tourism – a rolling road that circles the northern half of Cape Breton Island. Its rugged switchbacks and sweeping views are quintessentially Canadian, taking visitors through a rich cultural heritage tied inextricably to the ocean and the marine life within it. Read about how the Cabot Trail cane to be, and how it has earned a reputation as one of the most scenic drives in North America.
As an added bonus, in Dramatic Drives, read about some of the most celebrated roads on the planet. You may have been lucky enough to have travelled some of these routes. If not, you may want to add them to your bucket list!
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Cultural Trends, Historical Events
Featured Date Range: 1920s to present day
Number of pages to print: 11
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, bonus piece about remarkable roads, 2 travel-themed memory games, answer key
Completion time: 30 - 50 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Life's A Beach (Grid Magic memory game) - Unscramble letters to answer clues and identify some of the world’s most beautiful islands. The name of a famous scientist whose island research changed our understanding of the world will be revealed in the process.
Features of Life's A Beach
- 3 pages of island paradises
- colourful nautical graphics; large print for easy reading
- easy to complete
- can be worked on individually, but also great to 'dip your toes' into this game in a group setting
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia, or (with a bit of support) with moderate dementia
- answer key is included
Vacation Builder (Word Builder memory game) - Choosing from lists of syllables, build words or phrases that will have you dreaming of your most memorable vacations.
Features of Vacation Builder
- 3 pages of 'trippy' words and phrases to 'unpack'
- colourful travel graphics; large print for easy reading
- easy-ish to complete; may require a bit of thinking!
- can be completed individually, but would be fun to 'cruise' through this game with others
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline or with mild dementia
- answer key is included