Relive ‘The Battle of the Sexes’ Tennis Showdown of 1973
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the Billie Jean King v. Bobby Riggs tennis match in The Battle of the Sexes. It was the early ‘70s and women on the professional tennis circuit were beginning to mobilize against the inequities they faced in competition, when retired pro Billy Riggs challenged Billie Jean King to an exhibition match, confident that he could beat any woman and, in the process, prove once and for all the superiority of the men’s game. It was the most-watched tennis match of all time. Read about this epic match and the impact it had on the evolving movement for fairness and equity in sport.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Sports
Featured Date Range: 1973
Number of pages to print: 10
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, 2 tennis-themed memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 to 40 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Titans of Tennis (Crossword Challenge memory game) - By answering clues drawn from the worlds of tennis and its star athletes, and entering them into a crossword grid, you will discover the odd scoring system of tennis.
Features of Titans of Tennis
- 5 pages of tantalizing tennis tidbits from the past and present
- tennis court graphics; large print for easy solving
- moderately easy to complete for tennis lovers; a bit more of a stretch for others
- can be completed individually but, as in tennis, teaming up with others to take on this game might be easier and more fun
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline or, with a bit of support, for those with mild dementia
- answer key is included
Swapping Sports-isms (Word Link memory game) - Unscramble letters to find the right combination of letters that both begins a word or phrase and completes a second word or phrase. The resulting words or phrases will hail from the wide world of sports!
Features of Swapping Sports-isms
- 2 pages of sports lingo
- original graphics; large print for easy reading
- easy to complete for sports lovers and haters alike!
- can be completed individually, but also great for group collaboration
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or (with a bit of support) with moderate dementia
- answer key is included