Recall the October Crisis and the FLQ
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the October Crisis, with The FLQ and a Country on Edge. The terror unleashed by the Front de libération du Quebec in the 1960s and early 1970s culminated with the violent kidnapping of two Quebec officials, Messrs James Cross and Pierre Laporte and, in the case of Mr. Laporte, his murder. These acts of domestic terrorism sent convulsions rippling through the country, and led to the invocation of martial law in Québec and Ottawa. Read about this controversial time in Canada’s history and about the events as they unfolded.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Historical Events
Featured Date Range: 1970 - 1971
Number of pages to print: 9
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, 2 'revolutionary' memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 - 50 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Revolution Romp (Word Mash-Up memory game) - Answer clues to identify some of the most consequential revolutions in history and some iconic revolutionaries. By redistributing some of the letters to the answers, discover some cautionary words spoken President John F. Kennedy about upheaval and change.
Features of Revolution Romp
- 3 pages of the ultimate uprisings!
- bold, creative graphics; large print for easy solving
- moderately easy to complete, especially for history and culture buffs
- can be completed individually, but would be great to wrangle a gang of co-conspirators to work together!
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline and, with a bit of support, for those with mild dementia
- answer key is included
The 'Isms' of Insurrection (Word Link memory game) - Unscramble letters to find the word that both completes a word or phrase that comes before it and begins a word or phrase that comes after it. At least one of the words or phrases in each pair of answers will be drawn from the language of revolution! The pen is, indeed, mightier than the sword in this game!
Features of The 'Isms' of Insurrection
- 2 pages of 'revolutionary' terminology to discover!
- colourful, original graphics; large print for easy unscrambling
- easy to complete
- can be completed individually, but also fun for a group!
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or, with a bit of support, with moderate dementia
- answer key is included