Recall the Wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory with A Fairytale Day. When Lady Diana Spencer and Prince Charles approached the doors of St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, the eyes of the world were upon them. The day was magical in every regard, and the future of the British monarchy rested upon the shoulders of the young couple. In many ways, the hype surrounding the wedding was a foretaste of the public’s intrusive preoccupation with everything ‘Diana’, a preoccupation that often verged on hysteria. Read about this historic wedding and the impact that Diana’s short life had on the causes she embraced.
As an added bonus, in Marital Miscues, read some lesser-known facts about that magnificent day!
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Historical Events
Featured Date Range: 1981
Number of pages to print: 12
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, bonus page of Royal Wedding facts, 2 'royally rollicking' memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 - 50 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Fashionable Royals and the Royalty of Fashion (Grid Magic memory game) - Unscramble letters to complete the names of some of history’s most notable fashion trendsetters from both royal and more humble origins. In the process, a traditional rhyme for brides will be revealed.
Features of Fashionable Royals and the Royalty of Fashion
- 4 pages of fancy fashionistas and dapper dandies
- colourful graphics; large print for easy puzzle completion
- moderately easy to complete, especially for those with an eye for elegant fashion!
- can be completed individually, but 'well-suited' for a group as well
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or (with a bit of support) with moderate dementia
- answer key is included
Palace Parlance (Word Builder memory game) - Syllable by syllable, build words or phrases that answer clues drawn from the Royal Wedding and the British monarchy.
Features of Palace Parlance
- 3 pages of the Queen's English (or, at least, English that the Queen may have spoken the day of the Royal Wedding!)
- creative graphics; large print for easy reading
- moderately easy to complete
- can be completed individually, but a 'marriage' of two or more minds might make this game more fun
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or (with a bot of support) with moderate dementia
- answer key is included