Revel in the Debut Game of The Toronto Blue Jays, 1977
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the Toronto Blue Jays’ first Opening Day with Let’s Play Ball! When the Blue Jays stepped onto the diamond at Exhibition Place for the first time in 1977, and began swinging their bats over a field freshly dusted with snow, there was no question that major league baseball was in Canada. Together with the Montreal Expos, the Jays carried the aspirations of all Canadians to bring the World Series north of the border. Read about this beloved team, and its long journey to baseball dominance.
As an added bonus, in The Flag Flap, the Bat Flip and Other Curve Balls, read about some of the most iconic moments in the history of the Blue Jays.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Sports
Featured Date Range: 1977
Number of pages to print: 8
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, bonus page of fun facts, 2 'hit it out of the park' memory games, answer key
Completion time: 30 to 40 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Teams and Towns (Find Your Match memory game) - Match the names of major league baseball teams to the cities that host them. And if that is too easy, try your hand at matching the team name and corresponding city of former major league teams that either relocated or folded.
Features of Teams and Towns
- 2 pages of storied baseball franchises
- fun baseball bat graphics; large print for easy reading
- baseball fans will easily complete the first page; the second page will challenge many, except for hard-core trivia buffs
- can be completed individually, but definitely a great game for teamwork
- suitable for baseball-loving seniors with no cognitive decline or those with mild dementia
- answer key is included
If the Glove Fits (Syllable Solutions memory game) - If the Glove Fits - Drawing from a list of syllables, complete the names of some of baseball’s most well-known players and personalities.
Features of If the Glove Fits
- 2 pages of baseball icons
- creative baseball graphics; large print for easy completion
- easy for baseball fans; may be a bit more of a mental stretch for others!
- can be completed individually, but a great activity for pooling your powers of recall with others
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline or for those with mild dementia
- answer key is included