Revel in the Rivalry Between Magic Johnson and Larry Bird
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the great on-court battles between Earvin ‘Magic’ Johnson and Larry Bird with Rivalry at Centre Court. Few sports rivalries have been as consequential as that between Bird and Johnson. When these two titans of basketball faced down one another on the court, something electric happened, giving the NBA and the game of basketball a much-needed boost of energy and excitement. Read about these extraordinary athletes and how they not only became icons of their time, but also transformed their sport for future generations.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Sports
Featured Date Range: 1980s
Number of pages to print: 9
Included: memory-sparking narrative, 2 'slam dunk' memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 to 40 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Simply the Best (Hidden Letter memory game) - Find a missing letter to complete the names of some of the most iconic athletes and teams of professional basketball. In the process, one of the most entertaining basketball acts will be revealed.
Features of Simply the Best
- 3 pages of those who dribbled and swished their way into basketball history!
- colourful, bold graphics; large print for easy puzzle solving
- a 'slam dunk' for basketball fans; moderately easy for others
- can be completed individually, but giving it a 'shot' with others would be fun too!
- suitable for all sports-loving seniors, especially for those with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or, with a bit of support, with moderate dementia
- answer key is included
Nothing But Net (Word Link memory game) - Unscramble letters to find a word that both completes a word or phrase and begins another word or phrase. The resulting word/phrase pairs will make your head swirl with the fast-paced action on a basketball court.
Features of Nothing But Net
- 2 pages of basketball and sports language to rediscover
- creative basketball graphics; large print for easy word unscrambling
- relatively easy to complete
- can be completed individually, but we recommend that you 'jump' at the chance to do this with others!
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or, with a bit of support, with moderate dementia
- answer key is included