Recall the Original King Kong of 1933
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the original King Kong movie with A Beast of a Film. When King Kong hit the movie theatres in 1933, audiences were spellbound and, in many cases, left the theatre feeling shaken and terrified. Never before had special effects been executed on such an ambitious and dazzling scale. Read about this classic beast-meets-civilization blockbuster that set a new standard for what audiences would come to expect of monster movies. And you might just hear Fay Wray’s legendary screaming performance ringing in your head!
As an added bonus, in Small Facts about a Big Blockbuster, dive into some of the lesser known facts about the making of King Kong.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Entertainment, Science and Technology
Featured Date Range: 1933
Number of pages to print: 10
Included: memory-stimulating (and chest-thumping) narrative, bonus sheet of fantastic facts about King Kong, 2 ‘monstrously fun’ memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 to 40 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Unforgettable Lines (Phrase Flip memory game) - Sort through a jumble of words to build some of the most memorable lines in the history of cinema.
Features of Unforgettable Lines
- 3 pages of rediscovering classic lines from Tinseltown!
- creative, movie-set graphics; large print for easy completion
- fairly easy to complete, especially for avid theatre-goers
- can be completed individually, but just like going to the movie theatre, recalling these old lines in the company of others might make it all the more fun!
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or, with a bit of support, with moderate dementia
- answer key is included
Monster Mix (Grid Magic memory game) - With the assistance of rhyming words, solve clues to find some of the most fearsome monsters of literature, film and mythology. In the process, discover King Kong’s stage name when he was paraded before audiences in New York City.
Features of Monster Mix
- 3 pages of truly grisly creatures
- colourful graphics; large print for easy reading
- moderately easy to complete, especially for those with a taste for horror!
- can be completed individually, but you would have a 'beastly' amount of fun tackling it with others
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline or, with a bit of support, for those with mild to moderate dementia
- answer key is included