Recall the First Measles Vaccine
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the discovery of a vaccine to combat the measles virus with A Shot in the Arm. While avoiding measles today is as easy as following public health vaccination guidelines, there was a time when the measles, with its highly infectious character and potentially lethal impact, was a feared disease. Read about the scientists who discovered a vaccine for this disease and the many turns they had to navigate on the road to this medical breakthrough.
As an added bonus, in How a Vaccine Works, learn how the immune system attacks diseases such as the measles, and how the vaccine uses that immune response to protect us from infection.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Science and Technology
Featured Date Range: 1963
Number of pages to print: 9
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, bonus sheet explaining the science behind vaccines, 2 'sick' memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 to 40 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
Vanquished by Vaccine (Hidden Letter memory game) - Find the missing letter to complete the names to many of the diseases and infections that have either been controlled by vaccination programs or are being researched to find a vaccine.
Features of Vanquished by Vaccine
- 3 pages of some of the most dreaded ailments!
- creative, 'needle sharp' graphics; large print for easy completion
- moderately easy to complete
- can be completed individually, but would be fun to give it a 'shot' with others
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline or, with a bit of support, for those with mild to moderate dementia
- answer key is included
Just What the Doctor Ordered (Phrase Craze memory game) - Select words that complete phrases or titles inspired by the language of vaccines. Give these a 'shot' to 'inject' a little fun in your day!
Features of Just What the Doctor Ordered
- 2 pages of phrases to 'boost' your vocabulary!
- fun and colourful graphics; large print so that you won't be 'needled' by words that are too small to see!
- easy to complete
- can be completed individually, but would be lots of fun with others
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline, with mild dementia or, with a bit of support, with moderate dementia
- answer key is included