Recall How Malls Transformed the Shopping Experience
Starting at $5.99 – $24.99
Let RetroSparX spark your memory of the first shopping malls with Modern Malls: A Multi-Sensory Experience. You might remember the first time you entered a shopping mall – an enclosed temple to consumerism with a dizzying array of retail possibilities. Read about the development of the shopping mall concept and how it has evolved over time as consumer tastes and habits have shifted with changing trends and the proliferation of on-line shopping. From the modest structures of the 1950s, to the mega malls/entertainment complexes of today, retailers are on a never-ending mission to find ways to entice you to open your wallet!
As an added bonus, in Show Me the Money discover some of the more significant inventions and retail innovations that have changed the landscape of shopping.
Please tell us how you intend to use the RetroSparX unit:What's my User Type?
This RetroSparX Memory Game Unit at a Glance
Subject Category: Cultural Trends, Entertainment
Featured Date Range: 1950s to present day
Number of pages to print: 10
Included: memory-stimulating narrative, bonus timeline of historic retail innovations, 2 memory games for seniors, answer key
Completion time: 30 - 50 minutes (approximate)
Memory Games for Seniors Included in this Unit
The Joy of Shopping (Word Strike memory game) - Following instructions, delete words from a grid and be left with a fun reminder of the soul-soothing potential of retail!
Features of The Joy of Shopping
- 2 pages of 'browsing' through the shopping mall experience!
- colourful graphics; large print for easy reading
- moderately easy to complete; if you harness your powers of concentration you will have this one 'in the bag'!
- can be completed individually, but would be fun to tackle this game with others
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline and, with a bit of support, for those with mild dementia
- answer key is included
Hey Big Spender (Phrase Flip memory game) - Rearrange words to reveal well-known phrases that are inspired from the age-old tradition of retail therapy.
Features of Hey Big Spender
- 3 pages of fun phrases
- bold shopping bag graphics; large print for easy unscrambling
- easy to complete for the most seasoned shoppers among us and for those who prefer to stay at home!
- can be completed individually, but we suggest that you 'get your money's worth' and find others to help out
- suitable for seniors with no cognitive decline or, with a bit of support, for those with mild to moderate dementia
- answer key is included